Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ramen Day

Every other Friday afternoon we plan something fun for the Elementary kids to do. On our last "fun" day, we had ramen. Ramen for kids in S.Korea is the equivalent of pizza and ice cream sundaes for kids in the U.S.
Before eating ramen, we had the kids play a game. The point of the game was to find the candy in the flour, using nothing but your mouth.
Sarah setting up the game.

The kids are ready to go. There are six classes in total, but they're split up into two groups. The first group is at school from 2:30-4:00 PM and rotate three classes; Phonics, Grammar, and English Conversation/Writing. The second group is at school from 4:00-5:30 PM.

The vice-president of the school having a little fun at Dennis' (the president's son) expense.

Dennis, Antonio, and Stella after the game.

I asked my little monkey, Jade, to pose for a picture. This is what I got.

Lots of ramen (also known as ramyun).

A picture with the first group of kids and a few of my co-workers. They really love their ramen here.  It's a very cheap snack/meal too. My school is located right next to a middle school, and there were kids walking by the whole time saying "Oh, that looks so good! Can I have some? I'm hungry!"

The second group of kids have arrived and they're ready to try out the game.

Dave and Brian have successfully gotten their candy.

Wendy and Clara show that they've gotten their candy too.

Clara, Kelly, Wendy, and Julie wait for their ramen to be ready.

Best buds John and Eric. John is the boy I named. His Korean name is Uan.

After eating ramyun the kids go back inside...to eat more snacks.

A lot more snacks...most of which I've never heard of before.

Daniel kept on hiding from the camera, so the other kids made sure to get him into at least one picture.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! Did Jade learn the monkey face from you? ;^) Do they have random kinds of ramen there, or different brands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. No, he didn't learn the face from me.
    There are many different kinds of ramen as well as brands. All the stores I've been to so far have a whole isle dedicated to just ramen.

    ReplyDelete