Friday, March 1, 2013

8 hours and counting...

The bags are finally packed and the last few hours in San Diego are coming to a close. I'll be flying out to San Francisco bright and early tomorrow morning and from there a 12 hour flight to Incheon, S.Korea. Does your trip end there you might ask? No, in fact I must navigate a foreign airport to find the bus stop and go on a 3 hour bus ride to Daejeon. This calls for strategic planning in what I will take in my carry-on. Music? Check. Books? Check. Food? Check. Sleep? I sure hope so.

I'm excited about this new stage in life and am glad to have the opportunity to share it with you all. I remember growing up in Ecuador where it would take a month for snail mail to arrive and dial-up internet. It's so nice seeing how technology has progressed so much over these last years. Speaking of technology, Daejeon is known as "Asia's Silicon Valley" and "High Technology City." Daejeon is S.Korea's fifth largest metropolis with a population of over 1.5 million, and is the hub of transportation for S.Korea. Daejeon is considered to be the science and technology capital of Korea and several important research institutes are based in the city, which means I had better brush up on my studies and learn some big words.

Well, the next time you hear from me will be from the other side of the world. I will miss you all from sunny San Diego and hope to continue hearing of your adventures as well.

2 comments:

  1. We are looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in South Korea. We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    You have been in my thoughts and prayers today as you travel to S. Korea. I look forward to following your adventures. I am blessed to have gotten acquainted with you and the young ladies in your Small Group when our groups spent time together. The crown that you gave each of us as a reminder that we are daughters of the King is sitting on my dresser...when I see it there it also reminds me to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete